Sunday, July 17, 2011

Logistics!

A re-post of a note from Facebook, just so I don't leave anyone out! :)

So I leave in 48 hours for a year-long mission trip in Ecuador with an amazing program, Rostro de Cristo. (To learn more, visit their site! www.rostrodecristo.org) My cellphone service will be shut off for the year and I will have intermittent internet access. Because I will not be online often, I will not be checking facebook (it would be overwhelming!) so please use one of the following avenues of communication :)
 
Snail Mail*:
Madison Skogsberg o Megan Radek
Rostro de Cristo
Casilla 09-01-1024
Guayaquil, Ecuador

*From my handbook: The Ecuadorian postal service is generally reliable. Letters from the US take a week or so to arrive and soft-padded envelopes take a bit longer. Due to heightened restrictions and hefty fees, we ask that no boxes be sent to volunteers; please use padded envelopes. Mail must weigh less than 2kg (about 4lbs) or volunteers will have to pay customs fees.** RdC has a post office box in Guayaquil, and mail is picked up once a week.
VERY IMPORTANT: Send everything through the US Postal Service. FedEx, DHL and UPS will not deliver to Guayaquil or the RdC post office box. **I will now be charged for ANYTHING that is not a letter or card. I will have to pay for this out of my small stipend. This is not a big deal unless I receive like 4 packages in a month. So if you would like to send a package, PLEASE coordinate with my parents. If you would like their email or phone number, please ask! :)
 
Email Address: madison.skogsberg@yotes.collegeofidaho.edu

Blog: http://madisonsyearinecuador.blogspot.com/  (obviously. haha)

I would really love to hear from you throughout the year and will do my best to keep everyone posted on how things are down on the Equator!

No comments:

Post a Comment